The Beef Dip Sandwich that stole the show!
I am laughing quite a bit over here as I’ve had my share of bad beef dips! Too fatty, too dry, meat is too thick…the whole thing was just off!
After perfecting this simple and easy recipe, I am confidant that my beef dip will help you win friends for life.
This joke came about when I was looking to perfect my recipe after a friend invited me for diner one evening.
All I could do is talk about her this amazing, juicy and tender beef dip recipe, which she wouldn’t share with me at the time. The tirade went on and on for while until she pointed me in the right direction.
Now, before you go out and get started, it’s important to get a good cut of meat to ensure your time isn’t wasted.
I always use Bow River Meats Roasts as they are consistent with texture, quality and marbeling every-time.
Here is what you need to get a great feast on the go:
- 3 pound lean AA/AAA Alberta Beef Roast
- 1 package of Knorr Au Jus Sauce kit found at most grocery stores
- 1 yellow onion
- One package of dried onion soup mix from any brand
Simple set your oven at 300 degress to get it warmed up while you prep the ingredients.
- Place roast in a baking dish 9X13 (glass)
- Spread on the roast about 1/2 a package of onion soup mix
- Slice up the onion and place on top of the roast
- Add salt and pepper to your liking and add 1/2 cup of water on top
- Cook for about 2 hours for a nice medium rare finish
- 15 minute prior to removing the roast from the oven, make the “dip” sauce from the Knorr package as per instructions.
- Slice your roast as thin as you can and place on a fresh baguette!
- Dip your Beef Dip Sandwich into the sauce and Voila! Enjoy…!
We hope you can enjoy this meal as much as we do!